Dried Magic Mushrooms, Microdose Capsules & Edibles Guides
Magic Mushrooms are a great way to enjoy the world of psychedelics, whether you want to see things from a different perspective or simply appreciate nature and its beauty. This guide will help you understand how to take Magic Mushrooms in different ways, and what types of results you can expect from each.
The usual way of ingesting magic mushrooms is simply by eating them. In this case it is important to chew them thoroughly, to allow all the juices to come out. The psychoactive compound released from the mushroom by your saliva will start mixing with your blood, reaching every cell in your body.
It will take more or less 45 minutes for them to start working, depending on the stomach content – the less you eat before, the better. It is advised to avoid food for a few hours.
However, we'll be honest, dried mushrooms don't taste great. Lot's of people will put dried mushrooms on Pizza, PB & Js, Chips or anything they think will mask the taste of the mushrooms "earthy" taste.
We promise the taste will be worth the reward, however, if you can't bear the taste, try our Magic Mushroom Edibles.
We recommend starting with 1-2g for first time users. Then gradually upping your dose after building an understanding of the effects of psilocybin. Your tolerance will grow if taken frequently.
Microdosing is taking a sub-perceptual dose of a psychedelic medicine for therapeutic benefits. Potential benefits include improved mood, focus, creativity, cognition and energy.
Microdosing may also help treat symptoms of depression, anxiety, PTSD and addiction
Capsules offer users the option to microdose their magic mushrooms. If surfing the higher planes of existence for hours on end doesn't appeal, but you would like an opportunity to experience ultimate clarity without losing an entire day, capsules may be your best friend.
How To Microdose:
Take one or two capsules as needed within the first half of the day. For beginners we recommend dosing every third day as follows.
Day 1: DOSE
Day 2: OFF DAY
Day 3: OFF DAY
Day 4: DOSE
Start on a day when you are home from work/school/social obligations to get familiar with the effects before dosing in your public life. Take away caffeine, drugs and other supplements.
If you have trouble swallowing capsules, you can open open the capsule and add to food or drinks.
Tip: This is just one out of the hundreds of ways to microdose. Don't think you have to follow this routine to a tee! Experiment and find your own methods and what makes you feel the best.
We recommend our 100-200mg capsules for first timer users, then moving up to our higher MG options, after building an understanding of the effects of psilocybin.
What’s great about psilocybin is that it’s only form of consumption is oral, this means magic mushroom edibles are the perfect way to consume magic mushrooms. Whether it be gummies, chocolate, baked goods, tea or hot chocolate, consuming magic mushroom edibles is one of our favourite methods.
Consuming a dose in magic mushroom edibles provides consistency and ease, for the body to break down/absorb the mushrooms, and it tastes great! In magic mushroom edibles the mushrooms have been ground up or made into a tincture, therefore, they bond better with the sugar and nutrients. The body will readily absorb the psilocybin with decreased effects of nausea and gastric discomfort.
We recommend trying our low MG options of edibles for first time users. You can also break apart edibles for a lower dosage.
- Studies have shown “a single dose of psilocybin produced substantial and enduring decreases in depressed mood and anxiety along with increases in quality of life” (Journal of Psychopharmacolocy).
- The mystical and profound experiences that so many have experienced since the 1960s in American culture are now being explored in mainstream medical science. The results are compelling and paint a proven, positive, symbiotic picture of magic mushrooms as a power healer.
- Clinical trials are being run to use magic mushrooms on patients with life-threatening cancer. These trials are trying to understand how a high magic mushroom dose administered in a therapeutic environment can reduce psychological stress and anxiety that comes with life-threatening diagnosis.
- Psilocybin is proven to improve neuroplasticity. This is the brain’s ability to learn and grow and change.
- Magic mushrooms treats Cluster headaches. Anecdotal evidence suggests in the 2000s, medical professionals started taking notice of psilocybin and LSD as a possible treatment for cluster headaches after some of their patients reported remission following a recreational use of psychedelics.
- Magic mushrooms have successfully reduced symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in a small study of patients who did not respond to conventional serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRI) drug therapy.
- Magic mushrooms have been used as part of an assisted treatment plan to treat alcoholism. Reports show that significant reduction in drinking and abstinence from drinking were reported when magic mushrooms were administered as part of the treatment program.
- Magic mushrooms have been used in a recent trial to help people quit smoking tobacco. In this trial, two to three treatment sessions with psilocybin as part of a larger cognitive-behavioral therapy program for smoking cessation had an 80% success rate. 12 out of the 15 subjects were able to quit smoking! Conventional smoking cessation approaches such as gum, patches, cold turkey, etc. have about 35% success rate.
- Last but not least, it is fun.
Do not consume magic mushrooms if you are in a bad state of mental health. If you feel depressed, we recommend you try a micro-dose schedule and not take a recreational dose of magic mushrooms. When you are in a bad state of mind, a magic mushroom trip may enhance the bad and you will have a bad trip.
Do not take magic mushrooms if you are in a bad state of physical health. If you have a bacterial and or viral infection like the common cold or flu, avoid taking magic mushrooms until you are back to normal health.
Do not take magic mushrooms alone for the first time. It is preferred to consume while in the presences of someone who has taken magic mushrooms before.
Find a setting that is a quiet environment with no or very few strangers. Being in nature or a familiar indoor space is advisable. Do not take magic mushrooms in a very public place for the first time.
Do not plans or appointments 24 hours from consuming magic mushrooms. Take your time with your trip. The ideas of having to catch a train or go to an appointment after your trip will take a lot of beauty out of your trip. DO NOT operate motor vehicles during and immediately after your trip.
Switch off your phone. You may not react rationally in the event that there is a good or bad news. Some people switch off their doorbells as to ensure they are not disturbed.
Make sure you are able to contact emergency services in the extreme case they are required.
If you are taking magic mushrooms with a group, ensure you are with friends you can trust and enjoy being around. Do not take magic mushrooms with people you feel normally uncomfortable around as the trip will enhance these feelings and reduce the chance of having a great trip. If you are taking magic mushrooms for the first time, we recommend being with someone who has previously experienced magic mushrooms.
Do not take magic mushrooms because others are asking you to. If you do not feel comfortable and are not willing to take it on your own will it may have a negative effect on your trip. Take magic mushrooms because you want to take them and not because other people convince you to while you’re not completely confident in doing it. When you are scared of the potential effects, do not take them!
Food and drinks:
Ensure there is plenty of drinking water for everyone. Water does not lessen the effect, but magic mushroom trips tend to dehydrate the body, so it is recommended everyone hydrate.
Keeping some sugary drinks (dextrose) nearby is highly recommended. Sugary drinks will lessen the effects of magic mushrooms. If you or someone is feeling overwhelmed, drink or offer sugary drinks.
Taking magic mushrooms on an empty stomach will have the best effects. If you have just eaten, consume magic mushrooms 2 hours after your last meal. The trip will begin 20-60 minutes after consuming magic mushrooms depending on your metabolism rate. If you do not feel the effects after 60 minutes, do not consume more right away.
NEVER mix magic mushrooms with other drugs.
Antidepressants may lower the effectiveness of psilocybin magic mushrooms.
When you begin your trip on magic mushrooms you will feel changes in your senses. This means that your senses work on a higher frequency. You will experience things that you would normally not see or realize. These visions are often enigmatic and are not always what they seem. The beauty lies in puzzles. This can be frightening at times but just go with it and don’t try to fight it. Blocking your thoughts will work against you.
During the trip: Drink plenty of water. Drinking water will not diminish your trip but only make your body more comfortable for a more enjoyable trip. Drinking less or no water does not intensify your trip. Magic mushrooms dehydrate your body and if you do not drink water, your body will pull water from other places in your system.
Needs: Everyone will experience a magic mushroom trip in their own way. The difference between each persons needs differ greatly. Some love to chat, some prefer silence, one wants to make love while another doesn’t want to be touched. It is good to be able to communicate about this at forehand and you will understand the importance of surrounding yourself with people you like and trust.
Waves: The effects of magic mushrooms come and go in waves. It can feel like at some points of your trip that the effects are fading. Do not eat more magic mushrooms to increase effects. After only a few minutes you will find the effect increase again without having to do anything.
If you’ve read this far and have followed our advice the chance of a bad trip are very unlikely. However, it may occur to someone in your group that did not follow our suggestions so strictly. When a person is having a bad trip, you will definitely notice it. They will start reacting very anxiously, extremely paranoid or even hysterical or violent. Here are some tips to take care of that person.
- Never lose the person out of sight. This person may want to suddenly take off or leave the group. This person should never be and feel left alone.
- Find a quiet place this person can sit or lie down. Have them focus on taking deep calm breaths.
- Provide this person with a sweet sugary drink. This should reduce the effects of the bad trip within a few minutes.
- A bad trip will often last the entirety of the trip. To the person going through a bad trip it may feel like it will never end. As a supporting person let them know and convince them that this is not true and that the trip will end in time. Continue providing sugary drinks and have them breathe calmly.
- If you think that you’ve done your best as a support person but this person is becoming unmanageable you will need to get in touch with emergency services. There is no crime in admitting consumption of magic mushrooms, so be honest with the medical help and inform them of the situation.
Still have questions?
Use our live chat or contact form, our team of experts are here to help!